We recommend that you call the attractions and restaurants ahead of your visit to confirm current opening times.
1.South Bend Museum of Art
2.Things to Do Near Me: River Lights, South Bend, Indiana
3.Kids Activities Near Me: Potawatomi Zoo, South Bend, Indiana
4.Things to Do in South Bend, Indiana: South Bend Chocolate Factory and Museum Tours
6.Romantic Activities Near Me: The Snite Museum of Art, South Bend, Indiana
7.Things to Do in South Bend: Studebaker National Museum
8.Activities Near Me: Notre Dame Stadium, South Bend, Indiana
9.What to Do Near Me: Morris Performing Arts Center
10.Things to Do Near Me: South Bend Brew Werks
11.The Indiana Whiskey Company, South Bend, IN
12.Kids Activities Near Me: South Bend Farmer’s Market, South Bend, IN
13.Things to Do in South Bend: East Race Waterway
14.Places to Visit: The History Museum, South Bend, IN
15.Things to Do Near Me: Compton Family Ice Arena, South Bend, IN
18.Rum Village Nature Center
19.Four Winds Casino South Bend
20.The Drop Comedy Club
21.South Bend Civic Theater
22.Edge Adventures South Bend – Rum Village Park
22 Best Things to Do in South Bend, Indiana
- South Bend Museum of Art, Photo: South Bend Museum of Art
- Things to Do Near Me: River Lights, South Bend, Indiana, Photo: River Lights
- Kids Activities Near Me: Potawatomi Zoo, South Bend, Indiana, Photo: Courtesy of nikkusha – Fotolia.com
- Things to Do in South Bend, Indiana: South Bend Chocolate Factory and Museum Tours, Photo: South Bend Chocolate Factory and Museum Tours
- Howard Park, Photo: Howard Park
- Romantic Activities Near Me: The Snite Museum of Art, South Bend, Indiana, Photo: The Snite Museum of Art
- Things to Do in South Bend: Studebaker National Museum, Photo: Studebaker National Museum
- Activities Near Me: Notre Dame Stadium, South Bend, Indiana, Photo: Courtesy of Brocreative – Fotolia.com
- What to Do Near Me: Morris Performing Arts Center, Photo: Morris Performing Arts Center
- Things to Do Near Me: South Bend Brew Werks, Photo: South Bend Brew Werks
- The Indiana Whiskey Company, South Bend, IN, Photo: The Indiana Whiskey Company
- Kids Activities Near Me: South Bend Farmer’s Market, South Bend, IN, Photo: South Bend Farmer’s Market
- Things to Do in South Bend: East Race Waterway, Photo: East Race Waterway
- Places to Visit: The History Museum, South Bend, IN, Photo: The History Museum
- Things to Do Near Me: Compton Family Ice Arena, South Bend, IN, Photo: Courtesy of modestil – Fotolia.com
- Kennedy Park, Photo: Ravil Sayfullin/stock.adobe.com
- Potawatomi Conservatories, Photo: Potawatomi Conservatories
- Rum Village Nature Center, Photo: Africa Studio/stock.adobe.com
- Four Winds Casino South Bend, Photo: Four Winds Casino South Bend
- The Drop Comedy Club, Photo: Konstantin Savusia/stock.adobe.com
- South Bend Civic Theater, Photo: South Bend Civic Theater
- Edge Adventures South Bend – Rum Village Park, Photo: Pixel-Shot/stock.adobe.com
- Cover Photo: photo.eccles/stock.adobe.com
Read more 65 Couples Activities & Fun Things to Do that’ll Make You Feel Closer Than Ever
— Update: 11-02-2023 — cohaitungchi.com found an additional article 11 Fun Things To Do South Bend, Indiana: Chocolate, Cathedrals and Cars! from the website quirkytravelguy.com for the keyword things to do in south bend at night.
South Bend, Indiana may be best known as the home of the Fighting Irish Notre Dame University. But as I discovered during a recent visit, there are plenty of other cool attractions and points of interest in the city. Check out some of the interesting and cool things to do in South Bend.
South Bend Chocolate Company
My first stop in town was the South Bend Chocolate Company, which gives tours where you can sample some of the product. Score!
After donning incredibly fashionable hair nets, our group followed the guide back into the area where the magic happens. This was an up-close look at how the company creates its products.
The first machine was dripping fresh chocolate – it took all of my willpower to not run over and lick up this gooey cocoa mess.
Then we had a chance to sample some of the rejected nut clusters that didn’t meet quality standards. They were rejected mainly due to their appearance, not their taste. Because the taste was amazing. Hooray for rejected nut clusters!
Finally, it was off to the Chocolate Museum, a room in the back of the store featuring chocolate memorabilia, which is an actual thing. Look at the old-timey logos and packaging!
The South Bend Chocolate Company sells all sorts of cocoa delicacies, including white chocolate-covered raisins and malted milk balls. They even have chocolate-covered popcorn with bacon bits. That one isn’t my favorite, but I love their willingness to get creative.
Studebaker National Museum
The classic American car manufacturer Studebaker has its own museum in South Bend, where the vehicle was headquartered for decades. The range of cars here is amazing, from some of the earliest models to some of the final versions released in the ’60s.
Many of these old cars are still in driving condition – sometimes they even get taken out for car shows and other events around town. How cool would it be to roll up to some summer South Bend activities in a classic car?
There’s a special section of art cars, plus the actual 1951 Studebaker seen in the 1979 Muppets movie. Here it is – Fozzie’s at the wheel with Kermit riding shotgun!
Before automobiles, Studebaker made carriages, some of which were used by American presidents. The museum is in possession of the horse carriages of four chief executives – Grant, Harrison, Lincoln, and McKinley.
Here’s a true piece of history: The carriage taken by President Lincoln to Ford’s Theatre on the night his life was taken.
Read more 15 Best Things to Do in Incline Village, NV
The Studebaker Museum is a very cool way to spend an hour. One might even call it one of the coolest places in the state of Indiana.
The perfect spot for dinner in the town of the Fighting Irish was Fiddler’s Hearth pub. One thing I love about this place is that it hosts live music everyday, including Irish, Celtic, and bluegrass styles.
Dinner was traditional fish and chips served in newspaper, along with a cheese plate and a seafood stew. The best part of the meal was the dessert – a sweet, sticky white chocolate bread pudding that still makes my mouth water when I think about it.
Fiddler’s is great because it’s so Irish, and when you’re in South Bend, it makes sense to go in that direction. Of course there are numerous restaurants in South Bend, so check out Yelp or Google to find the type of cuisine that most appeals to you.
St. Joseph River
One of the best places to walk around town and get some fresh air is along the St. Joseph River, which passes through downtown South Bend.
There was a lot to see here, including a dam, neighborhood parks, a riverside trail, a fish ladder allowing fish to bypass the dam, a firefighters’ memorial, and the South Bend Art Museum along the river.
The Basilica of the Sacred Heart
The most stunning place to see at Notre Dame is the Basilica of the Sacred Heart, which has stood for more than 125 years. Visitors are welcome to take self-guided tours.
Everything here is impressive, including the marble statues, murals, windows, and ceiling.
Whether you’re a spiritual person or not, it’s definitely worth stopping inside the Basilica to check out the sights, like this statue of Blessed Basil Moreau, founder of the Congregation of the Holy Cross.
My final stop was a last-minute visit to the Potawatomi Conservatories, which provided a chance to see some pretty flowers and hearty succulents. I especially enjoyed the weird statue person made out of planters.
Other Points of Interest and Fun Things To Do in South Bend, Indiana
Additional attractions and activities you may want to consider include: taking in a minor league baseball game at Four Winds Field at Coveleski Stadium; stopping by the History Museum or the South Bend Museum of Art; walk around and explore the Notre Dame campus; see the wildlife at Potawatomi Zoo; or soaking up the fun at East Race Waterway, the first artificial whitewater course in North America with waves as high as 6 feet.
South Bend is one of the best road trips from Chicago, so consider adding it to your itinerary!
Which of these South Bend spots would you like to visit?
Note: My trip to South Bend was made possible by the Visit South Bend tourism board. Visit their site to find lots more ideas for things to do in South Bend!
— Update: 11-02-2023 — cohaitungchi.com found an additional article 10 Things to Do in South Bend for Date Night from the website www.cressyeverett.com for the keyword things to do in south bend at night.
When you move to a new community, there is a certain excitement that can be found in discovering a new restaurant, strolling through an art gallery, and cheering on the home team. When you visit our city to tour South Bend homes for sale, you’ll find plenty of dining, entertainment, art, and culture choices to enjoy with someone special
Read more 40 Date Ideas in Tallahassee: Romantic Things To Do
Our real estate agents live, work, and play in the local area. We invite you to stay in town after the sun goes down. To guide your date night adventure, we’ve created a list of 10 Things to Do in South Bend on Date Night.
- LaSalle Grill 115 W. Colfax Avenue, South Bend, IN 46601
Delicious food, candlelight dining, an extensive wine list, and an upscale atmosphere make this award-winning restaurant a popular date night destination. The LaSalle Grill serves “chef-inspired” entrees prepared with locally sourced ingredients.
- Cafe’ Navarre – 101 North Michigan Street, South Bend, IN 46601
The Cafe’ Navarre website describes it as “Historic, Locally Owned, and Sophisticated as Hell.” They back up the hype with a creative menu that includes crab cakes, pork belly, and grilled squid & octopus.
- Parisi’s Ristorante- 1412 South Bend Avenue, South Bend, IN 46617
Parisi’s is a family-owned restaurant serving “Italian cuisine with an Irish view.” The menu highlights homemade pasta and classic Italian dishes. The menu changes regularly to include fresh seasonal ingredients.
- AR Drew Gallery – Emporium Building, 121 South Niles Avenue, South Bend, IN 46617
For an art-inspired date night, visit the AR Drew Gallery. Anna Ryan Drew is a contemporary mixed-media painter whose work captures “…shades of life…” View her collection at her downtown studio at special events, Art Walks, and private showings.
- Morris Performing Arts Center – 211 N. Michigan Street, South Bend, IN 46601
The Palace Theatre closed in 1998 after decades of hosting nationally popular acts. After extensive restoration, the historic building reopened in 2000 as Morris Performing Arts Center. On date night, you can enjoy a concert, Broadway show, symphony performance or special event.
- The Blarney Stone – 113 E Wayne Street, South Bend, IN 46601
If you enjoy dancing and drinking with a slightly rowdy college crowd, take your date to The Blarney Stone. There’s also a giant screen TV if you prefer to watch sporting events.
- South Bend Museum of Art – 120 South Martin Luther King, Jr Blvd., South Bend, IN 46601
For date night art experiences, check out special events at the SBMA. During First Fridays’ you can enjoy extended hours with exhibitions, receptions, gallery talks, and special events like the Meet Me in the Gallery series.
- South Bend River Lights – River Lights Plaza, 340 E Colfax Ave, South Bend, IN 46617
The South Bend River Lights is a public art installation created in honor of South Bend’s 150th birthday. Artist, Rob Shakespeare, designed it with five unique illuminating elements. Motion-sensitive lights react to human movement and interact with water cascades. The lights come to life each evening from 30 minutes before sunset until midnight.
- Potawatomi Zoo – 500 S Greenlawn Ave, South Bend, IN 46615
The Zoo is closed for the season but you can still visit on scheduled Saturdays from noon to 3 pm during Winter Days at Potawatomi Zoo.
- Notre Dame Stadium, 2010 Moose Krause Cir, Notre Dame, IN 46556
Notre Dame campus offers plenty to do around every corner. Take a self-guided tour or schedule a stadium tour. Visit campus museums and art galleries and the DeBartolo Performing Arts Center. Catch a Notre Dame sports event.
Let Us Introduce You to Living in South Bend
Contact Cressy & Everett Real Estate for information on buying or selling a home in our South Bend, IN community.