Fiji water is completely natural and contamination-free.
It also has higher mineral content than normal water. With a smooth and sweet taste, Fiji water has a number of health benefits including better blood circulation in the body, and a visible glow-up of the skin.
Almost all of us have looked at that Fiji water bottle in Walmart and wondered how is it different from regular water. The answer lies in the name itself as Fiji water is actually normal water, but, being from the Fiji islands, is actually natural, artesian water. The absence of any artificial compounds in this bottled water is the reason for it becoming a trend among health-conscious people. Many people say that after switching to Fiji water from normal water completely, they started to feel more refreshed and energetic throughout the day. The direct connection of this mineral water with nature and a lesser supply in the market has made it a symbol of high status in society. This article covers 53 such interesting facts about Fiji water and how beneficial it actually is for your health.
Production Of Fiji Water
If you ever thought about why people keep switching to Fiji water, then here is the reason.
- Fiji water does not come in glass bottles but only in PET plastic bottles.
- The pH level of unprocessed Fiji water is approximately 7.7, making it alkaline in nature.
- Post purification processes, its pH reduces to seven, exactly neutral.
- Fiji water has silica in higher amounts than regular water which helps in building immunity and increased wound healing ability.
- Regular use of Fiji water results in longer and stronger hair, and better nails.
- Higher silica content also helps in reducing Alzheimer’s risk.
- One of the most impressive points about this bottled water is the presence of natural electrolytes.
- These natural electrolytes give a smooth taste and feel to Fiji water.
- As per FDA standards, Fiji water also has a best before date like any other packed drink, being two years on average.
- Being in a plastic bottle does not have any side effects on Fiji water because PET plastic bottles are known for being strong and not reacting with food content.
- Other benefits of drinking Fiji water include that it helps in getting relief from headaches and migraines.
- This could be explained by the fact that the most common reason for headaches is dehydration and the soothing taste of this Earth’s finest water helps people stay hydrated throughout the day.
Read more The Top 7 Benefits of Hibiscus Tea
Nutritional Value Of Fiji Water
Ever wondered what nutrients are present in Fiji water that make it better than normal water? Here we have stated the minerals found in it that have medicinal effects on us.
- Fiji water has a unique mineral profile and the minerals are present in the correct amount which makes it a really healthy drink that can be chosen as a better version of normal water.
- Magnesium is present in 14.7 ppm in Fiji water.
- Potassium is also present in Fiji water in adequate amounts, which helps in a good regulation of blood throughout the body.
- The presence of this mineral helps in improved blood pressure, heart rate, and protein synthesis and as a result, we feel healthy after drinking it regularly.
- Some people also call it a refreshing medicine because it tastes so soothing while working as a substance that improves your health as well. This has made a lot of health-conscious people switch to it.
- Since every bottled water is regulated by the FDA (Food and Drug Administration), Fiji water also needs to follow guidelines issued by FDA or by the Fijian government.
- Although it has come into focus recently, Fiji water has been available for more than two decades.
- The original Fiji water bottles can now be found in over 90 countries across the globe.
- Almost every bottle of Fiji water comes from a single place located on the island of Viti Levu, which is the largest island among 300 Fijian islands.
- This island is over 1500 mi (2414 km) away from the nearest industrialized city around it.
- We get this natural water from an artesian aquifer, which in simple terms, can be explained as a good source of groundwater.
- The manufacturers get this artesian water by either drilling right through the rocks to make a borehole or by creating a well.
- Unlike tap water, which we get within a few seconds, the Fiji water company needs an 18-hour long flight to New York after covering a distance of over 7,890 mi (12,700 km).
- In reality, half of the price that we pay for Fiji water is nothing but the transportation cost itself, from the source of water right to the consumer.
- Since it takes a lot of resources to make its water bottles, the Fiji water company has taken great measures by spending millions of dollars in order to bring itself onto the list of green companies.
- They have reduced their carbon emissions which means that they are now utilizing their resources even more efficiently.
Read more What are the Advantages and Disadvantages of 3D Printing?
The Positives Of Fiji Water
Here is a list of other benefits of Fiji water.
- Due to its benefits on the health of people and as it has a far lower supply than normal water, Fiji water has also become a product resembling your status nowadays.
- Due to several reasons, Fiji water is now available in the most expensive hotels as people love ordering it over normal purified water because it contains more naturally occurring minerals which attract health-conscious people even if it costs more than normal water.
- Fiji water is artesian water, meaning it is obtained from an aquifer.
- Artesian aquifer water, in simple terms, is free-flowing water found under layers of rocks which is obtained through wells.
- The aquifer is a naturally occurring underground chamber that contains water. It is beneath layers of earth and greatly helps in saving the Earth’s finest water from any contamination.
- Before reaching under the few layers of earth, Fijian water gets filtered and as a result, we get the best possible, naturally occurring drinking water with all beneficial minerals included in it.
- Fiji waters also claim that the water stays completely untouched by any human until their consumers decide to drink it.
- Fiji water’s long list of health benefits also comes from the fact that it also contains natural electrolytes.
- The company claims that these electrolytes are 100% natural, and some of their examples are potassium, chloride, and sodium.
- These minerals help a lot in regulating better nerve and muscle functioning by dissolving in our bloodstream and carrying an electric charge.
- One of the best health benefits that these electrolytes have on us is maintaining the balance of acids and bases in our bodies.
- As we know normal plastic bottled water is not considered completely safe by us, however, Fiji water reaches us after following all standards and regulations set out by the FDA.
- The PET (polyethylene terephthalate) plastic that they use is of high quality and is considered a good food-containing material for bottled water.
- Not only do these bottles have a lower environmental impact during production, but they can also be recycled for use in making products such as packaging, carpets, or construction materials and are good for environmental sustainability.
Read more 16 Frequently Asked Questions About Fiji Water
Fun Facts About Fiji Water
Other than health benefits, here is a list of other amazing facts unique to this special water that comes from the Fiji islands.
- Fiji water also makes six unique labels on their bottles that have now become an advertising campaign and have turned out to be pretty successful.
- Each of these labels is said to be highlighting something different throughout the journey of Fiji water, from clouds to bottles.
- Some people mistake Fiji water for carbonated water, but there is no carbonation included in its processing.
- The aquifer where we get Fiji water is located under a volcano.
- Rain has to go through a number of these volcanic rock layers before reaching the aquifer and as a result, the water gets filtered throughout this journey.
- Although we should keep in mind that in this filtration process, no healthy minerals are lost.
- Rather, while passing through volcanic rocks, it absorbs natural minerals present in them before it reaches the aquifer.
- The square bottle shape helps it in occupying around 10% less space while shipping.
- Apart from being economical, square bottles have become a unique feature of the brand as well.
- Fiji water now allows online sign-ups for their customers and provides everyday home deliveries too.