Dry fig, popularly called Anjeer in India has loads of benefits for your overall health. It promotes good digestion and bone health including preventing risks of developing type 2 diabetes. But is anjeer good for diabetic patients? What are the benefits of anjeer for diabetes? How to eat anjeer dry fruit? Let’s find out some of anjeer benefits for diabetics.Contents:
- Anjeer (also known as Figs): Nutritional Profile
- Advantages of Anjeer for Diabetes
- Ways to Consume Anjeer for Diabetes
- Best Time to Eat Anjeer
- Risks of Overconsumption of Anjeer
- Other Health Benefits of Anjeer
- Don’t Have Time To Read?
Anjeer (Dry Fig): Nutritional Profile
One small anjeer or fig dry fruit has about 30 calories, containing 8 grams of carbs, 0 grams of fat, approximately 0.5 grams of protein, and about 2 grams of fiber. Along with basic nutrition, figs contain high amounts of vitamins like C, K, and A and are loaded with iron, magnesium, potassium, phosphorus, among other minerals.
100 grams of anjeer contain the following nutrition:
Advantages of Anjeer For Diabetes
- Being high-fiber, raw anjeer fruit can benefit diabetics because of their ability to regulate insulin levels.
- The presence of chlorogenic acid makes it a beneficial choice for regulating blood sugar levels.
- The rich content of minerals like potassium makes figs a great addition to one’s diet, especially for those with type 2 diabetes.
- Anjeer dry fruit reduces risks of developing heart diseases.
- It aids in good bone health
- Promotes good digestion
Read more How Does Obesity Cause Type 2 Diabetes?
Ways To Consume Anjeer For Diabetes
1. Soaked Anjeer
Diabetics can benefit from figs soaked in water overnight. Put 3 to 4 pieces of anjeer in water and soak them overnight. Add a teaspoon of honey and consume. This is preferably recommended on an empty stomach.
2. Anjeer Capsule
Consult a doctor to know what dosage is right for you. Fig leaf capsules are an excellent way to reap anjeer’s benefits if you can’t consume it otherwise.
3. Anjeer Salad
Mix 2 to 3 figs, some of your favorite fruits, lettuce, almonds, and mint leaves. For the dressing, combine some lemon juice, a pinch of jaggery powder, kewra water, and salt. Garnish with some chaat masala!
Best Time To Eat Anjeer For Diabetes
- You can take Anjeer-soaked water on an empty stomach to ensure the full benefits of soaked anjeer.
- Consume anjeer with a rich source of protein for complete nutrition.
- You can consume the fruit at night as well with a glass of warm milk.
Risks of Over Consuming Anjeer For Diabetes
While dried figs prove to be helpful for sugar problems, overconsumption can cause blood sugar to spike due to anjeer’s high sugar content. It is suggested that diabetics consume no more than 2-3 figs a day. Going over the recommended limit can cause digestive problems (bloating, gas, etc.), calcium deficiency, and even lower blood sugar levels.
Other Health Benefits of Anjeer For Diabetes
- Anjeer aids weight management due to its high-fiber content.
- Anjeer also contains a good amount of calcium, which promotes bone health.
- Figs have been known to maintain cardiovascular health because their high fiber lowers cholesterol levels.
- The various health benefits of anjeer are said to prevent constipation.
- Anjeer is potassium-dense, making it a wonderful way to maintain blood pressure levels.
- Anjeer is believed to be a natural aphrodisiac that helps improve and encourages reproductive well-being.