When you obtain your surgeon's okay to progress to meals with a thicker consistency after your bariatric surgical procedure, you possibly can start puréeing your meals.
Key Objectives of the Puréed Meals Weight loss plan (Section 2B) After Bariatric Surgical procedure
- Incorporate excessive protein meals into your food plan, which helps your pouch heal.
- Ladies: 50–60 grams of protein
- Males: 60–70 grams of protein
- Begin taking your chewable vitamin complement with minerals.
- Drink loads of fluids, 48–64 ounces per day.
Meal Plan for Section 2B: Puréed Weight loss plan After Bariatric Surgical procedure
- Devour three small meals every day.
- Protein dietary supplements
- Gastric Bypass Sufferers: Start utilizing protein dietary supplements after every meal to fulfill your each day protein necessities.
- Laparoscopic Adjustable Gastric Band Sufferers: Proceed utilizing protein dietary supplements as you probably did in Section 2A.
- Liquids between meals
- Wait not less than 30 minutes after every meal. Then eat an Eight ounce protein complement or shake, adopted by 16 ounces of sugar free, clear liquids.
- Attempt to unfold fluids out over a three-hour interval.
- Cease consuming not less than 30 minutes earlier than mealtime.
Recommended Meals Concepts for Puréed Weight loss plan After Bariatric Surgical procedure
- Yogurt (plain or sugar free, low or nonfat, blended with out fruit chunks)
- Strained cream soups (celery, potato, mushroom, or rooster made with skim milk)
- Skim milk with ½ scoop protein powder
- Protein dietary supplements added to meals or water for additional protein
- Mashed cottage cheese (low or nonfat, small curd)
- Ricotta cheese (low or nonfat)
- Scrambled eggs or egg substitute
- Puréed beef, rooster, or turkey
- Child meals meats
- White fish (cod, haddock, tilapia, orange roughy) mashed with a fork
- Canned rooster breast, mashed and moist
- Canned tuna fish in water, mashed
- Cream of wheat or cream of rice
- Child oatmeal
- Mashed potatoes/candy potatoes
- Puréed winter squash
- Diluted, 100% fruit juices (apple, grape, cranberry)
- Gentle juices sweetened with non-nutritive sweetener
- Mashed bananas or mashed canned fruits in personal juices
- Puréed peaches, apricots, pears, pineapples, melons
- Tomato juice
- Weight loss plan V-Eight Splash® or V-Eight Juice®
- Puréed spinach, carrots, summer season squash or inexperienced beans
Keep away from puréed broccoli, cauliflower, and different fibrous greens at this stage.
Pattern Menu for Section 2B: Puréed Weight loss plan After Bariatric Surgical procedure
Eat the protein portion of your meal first, and do not forget your liquids between meals (about 30 minutes after every meal).
- Protein: 2 tablespoons to ¼ cup scrambled eggs or egg substitute
- Starch: 2 tablespoons to ¼ cup cream of wheat
- Protein: 2 tablespoons to ¼ cup mashed low fats cottage cheese
- Fruit: 2 tablespoons to ¼ cup puréed peaches in personal juices
- Protein: 2 tablespoons to ¼ cup baked skinless rooster breast (puréed) or mashed canned rooster breast
- Vegetable: 2 tablespoons to ¼ cup puréed carrots
Liquid meal- When you're having a liquid meal substitute, soup, or excessive protein shake:
- Drink four ounces (half cup) over 20 to 30 minutes
- Attempt including mashed, canned rooster or tuna to soup to extend protein content material
- Mix if wanted
View Section 2B: Puréed Meals Weight loss plan steered recipes for post-bariatric surgical procedure.
Easy methods to Purée Meals
Puréed meals needs to be the consistency of child meals, “spoon thick.”
- Lower meals into small items and place in blender or meals processor
- Add liquid (broth, low calorie gravy or skim milk)
- Puréed till easy
- Season meals to style
Suggestions and Concepts for Staying Hydrated
- Sip all fluids slowly to stop nausea and vomiting
- Carry a water bottle with you in all places
- Different liquids to assist preserve hydration embrace decaffeinated espresso and tea, broth, and sugar free fruit juices with synthetic sweeteners.
As you obtain common checkups after your bariatric surgical procedure, your bariatric surgeon will advise you when to advance to the subsequent part of your food plan.
- Section 3: Adaptive or Delicate Meals Weight loss plan
- Return to the overview of your food plan after bariatric surgical procedure