Welcoming your little ones into this world is a joyful occasion, and more so when you are blessed with twins. So, if you are searching for twin girl names, we are here to help you choose the best ones.
Having twins requires you to stack up a double share of all the essentials required for newborns, from diapers and clothes to cribs. However, one of the best parts of having two adorable little girls is that you could dress them up in matching outfits to flaunt their adorable sisterhood. Hence, when choosing the names for your twin girls, instead of going for unrelated ones, you could select pair names that celebrate their twinship.
In this post, we have listed some amazing twin name ideas for you to choose from.
Choosing The Best Twin Girl Names
Make an effort to choose names that are compatible stylistically. Choose two modern names or two traditional names, but avoid mix and match. You can also choose two romantic yet feminine names or even go with something androgynous.
When you’re searching twin girl baby names, ask yourself the following questions:
– Do the names emphasize that your children are a pair?
- If yes, is this what you want?
- Are their names easily confused?
- Do you want them to have the same initials?
- Do their names lend themselves to nicknames and, if they do, is that what you want?
- If so, do the nicknames work together as a pair?
Start discussing possible twins baby girl names with your partner; keep a list of favourite names handy so you can jot down whenever a name pops into your head. Whatever you choose, say your babies’ names aloud with their middles names(if any) and your last name. If you have other children, consider how this pairing will sound in combination with their names.
Read more Magic Kingdom Fast Pass Guide & Tips!
Other factors to consider when you decide on names for your girls:
- Specific traits in the meaning that you’d like to associate with your little babies.
- Honouring someone close.
- Avoiding embarrassing initials or nicknames.
- Steering clear of monikers associated with bad memories.
- Appeasing close relatives’ wishes.
- Your family history and legacy.
It is said, ‘Good men must die, but death cannot kill their names’. Such is the power of a name! But don’t worry, we’ve sorted it out here, and put down a collection of unique twin baby girl names (with their meanings) that will be both individual and special while not being too unusual – just what you need.
Names with Similar Meaning
- Aarushi- Ahaana (1st rays of sun)
- Aarzoo- Aakansha (desire)
- Aashi- Aashita (happiness)
- Clarisa- Leonara (bright)
- Alice- Freya (noble)
- Karishma- Kashish (attractive)
- Aadhaya- Aakarsha (powerful)
- Anshika- Anwika (a part)
- Aasha- Aashita (hope)
- Mohini- Menaka (beautiful)
- Amisha- Ananya (beautiful)
- Charu- Charvi (beautiful)
- Deepa – Deepika (light)
- Sampada-Sampatti (wealth)
- Aaarzo- Aakanksha (desire)
- Garima – Anita (graceful)
- Hema- Hemakshi (golden eyed)
- Madhubala- Mansi (a sweet girl)
- Meghana- Megha (cloud)
- Avantika- Rani (queen)
- Scarlett-Penelope: Red
Names Associated with Nature
- Esta -Tara (both meaning “star”)
- Storm – Salena (meaning “moon”)
- Meadow – Amaya (meaning “night rain”)
- Diana- Rishima (Moon Goddess)
- Celine- Luna (Moon)
Spiritual Sounding Names
- Trinity -Nevaeh (“Heaven” spelled backwards – a popular trend of late)
- Devangi- Devyanshi (divine)
- Devina- Devika (goddess)
- Sita- Vaidehi (name of wife of Lord Ram)
- Aaradhna- Aarti (worship)
Sanskrit names have thoughtful meanings. Naming of a child is the most fundamental Hindu “sanskar” or scripture based tradition. Hindus select names such that their meaning can inspire the child to follow the path of righteousness and divine qualities. Here are a few twin baby girl names hindu, that work in pair wonderfully.
- Abhaya-Akshita (Fearless- Wonder girl)
- Ambar-Divya (The sky- Divine)
- Amrita-Dhara (Spiritual holy water- Constant flow)
- Jyotsna-Swara (Radiant like flames- Self shining)
- Mohini-Shreya (Most beautiful)
Read more When To Take a Pregnancy Test Calculator
Happy Sounding Names
- Farrah-Muskaan (One who smiles)
- Anandi – Aeisha (One who is happy)
Flora Inspired Names
Flowers have that special feminine touch about them, which is generally associated with girls. Here are a few names referring to the gracefulness of a girl!
- Aboli- Kusum (Flower)
- Daisy-Voilet (Flower)
- Ketki- Juhi (Flower)
Celebrity Inspired Names
Celebrity naming– is the latest trend. Many believe naming their child after some favorite or famous celebrity may bring good luck and inspiration to their kids. Also it holds a pinch of style statement!
- Paris-Norah (gorgeous- shining light)
- Karishma-Kareena (attractive-pure)
Twin Baby Girl Names That Rhyme
Want to sound poetic whenever you call out to your twins? Rhyming names are the ones for you then. Try these out:
- Aditi – Smriti (meaning freedom – memory)
- Antara – Akshara (second note in Hindustani music – everlasting)
- Anaya – Shanaya (god answers – first ray of the sun)
- Bhavya – Navya (splendid – young)
- Himanshi – Ekanshi (part of snow – of one part)
- Jiya – Diya (sweetheart – light)
- Khushi – Aarushi (happy – ray of light)
- Riddhi – Siddhi (fortunate – perfection)
- Tarini – Manini (Goddess Durga/Parvati – a lady)
- Vanya – Tanya (gracious gift of God – fairy queen)
- Ava – Olivia (bird – symbol of peace)
- Ella – Emma (beautiful fairy – universal)
- Haylee – Kaylee (hay clearing – pure)
Names That Start With The Same Letter
Same letter names have been a trend for long, and have not lost their sheen. The meanings may be different, but beginning with the same letter keeps the names related.
- Amelie – Abrienne (hardworking – feminine of Abraham)
- Callie – Cecilia (beautiful – blind)
- Fiona – Fallyn (fair – in charge)
- Indira – Ivy (splendid – faithfulness)
- Kellyn – Kira (descendant of the brightheaded one – light)
- Savannah – Sierra (from the open plain – dark)
- Suzie – Shawna (graceful lily – God is gracious)
- Tabitha – Trista (beauty – noisy)
- Ursula – Uma (little female bear – tranquillity)
Seasonal Names For Twin Girls
Consider your favorite season for inspiration or your twins’ birth season to name them.
- June – Juno (bridal month)
- July – Julia (summer season)
- Saffron – Amber (autumn names)
- Crystal – Neva (evoke the snow of winter)
- Joy – Merry (Yuletide season)
- Amethyst – Frost (winter names)
- Euria – Flora (spring names)
Destination Names For Twin Girls
You may have fond memories associated with a place you visited or grew up. List of twin baby girl names after a special place are below:
- Alberta – Alexandria (Canada – Virginia)
- Carolina – Catalina (Southeastern US – California)
- Geneva – Georgia (Switzerland – Eurasia)
- Valencia – Verona (Spain – Italy)
- Victoria – Vienna (Australia/Canada – Austria)
- Adra – Ajanta (West Bengal – Maharashtra)
- Ganga – Godavari (rivers)
- Kabini – Kalindi (rivers)
- Manasa – Manvi (Madhya Pradesh – Karnataka)
- Vaishali – Vaishno (Bihar – Jammu & Kashmir)
Virtue Names For Twin Girls
Virtue names represent qualities and send a positive message.
- Amity – Amnesty
- Blessing – Bliss
- Charity – Chastity
- Deliverance – Diligence
- Eternity – Faith
- Felicity – Fidelity
- Loyal – Mercy
- Peace – Percival
- Grace – Justice
Reversed Names For Twin Girls
Simply reverse the spelling of one child’s name, to get the other’s. But ensure that they are meaningful.
- Heaven – Nevaeh
- Aidan – Nadia (little fiery one – hope)
- Siri – Iris (fair victory – rainbow)
- Amy – May (Dearly loved – pearl)
Important Tips to Remember
- Go for simple unique and distinct names.
- Avoid choosing too complicated names, your little girls might frown later!