Whether or not you’re in search of flower-filled meadows, roaring waterfalls or mountain vistas, mountain climbing in Telluride doesn't disappoint. We’ve compiled an inventory of the preferred Telluride hikes, starting from simple riverside strolls to difficult rocky climbs. And similar to Pacaso, most of those trails are canine pleasant. In response to alltrails.com, leashed canine are permitted besides on Through Ferrata.
Simple Telluride hikes
- Bridal Veil Falls — It’s nearly unattainable to discover a record of the very best Telluride hikes that doesn’t point out the Bridal Veil Falls Path. This 3.6-mile out-and-back trek ends on the prime of Colorado’s tallest waterfall (365 ft) and may also be accessed by bike or four-wheel-drive automobile.
- Bear Creek Path — Accessible proper from downtown Telluride, Bear Creek Path is a 4.4-mile out-and-back path that takes you thru the Bear Creek Protect to the 80-foot Bear Creek Falls. Understand that this path will get busy throughout hotter months, so plan to hike early within the day for fewer crowds.
- Cornet Creek — In case you’re in search of brief and candy, Cornet Creek is your hike. The trailhead is conveniently situated on the finish of North Aspen Avenue in downtown Telluride. Take pleasure in a half-mile out-and-back hike to the gorgeous Cornet Falls, however be ready: The path is steep, so it’s finest to put on sturdy footwear.
- San Miguel River — With a number of entry factors from downtown Telluride, the three.3-mile San Miguel River Path permits you to select your distance. The flat terrain is straightforward for hikers of all ranges, however the path can get busy because it’s fairly fashionable with runners.
Reasonable Telluride hikes
- Blue Lake — There are few higher methods to spend a day within the Colorado wilderness than taking this Telluride hike by way of an old-growth forest to a glowing subalpine lake. A spherical journey to Blue Lake is about 5.25 miles, and majestic views of mountain peaks alongside the best way make the two,000-foot elevation acquire price each step.
- Hope Lake — In case you’re a lake lover, then Hope Lake ought to positively be in your record of prime Telluride hikes. The highway to succeed in the trailhead is a bit tough (depart the sedan at residence and convey the SUV) however the 6-mile roundtrip lake trek is rewarding, with waterfalls and delightful mountain views.
- Jud Wiebe Path — One other path that’s simply accessible from city, the two.7-mile Jud Wiebe loop provides wonderful views of forests, meadows and mountains. It’s one of many earliest trails to be away from snow, so it’s excellent for benefiting from hotter early spring days.
Difficult Telluride hikes
- Sneffels Highline — In case you’re in search of a difficult trek with top-of-the-world views, plan a full day to expertise the 13-mile Sneffels Highline loop. Be ready for free rocks and doubtlessly deep snow, even throughout the summer time months.
- Ballard Mountain — Who wants a stair climber when you will have Ballard Mountain? You’ll acquire near 4,000 ft of elevation on this 6.4-mile out-and-back path, however you’ll even be rewarded with beautiful views of Telluride under. Be ready for couloir crossings and snow on this path as nicely.
- Through Ferrata — Italian for “Iron Means,” Through Ferrata might solely be Three miles lengthy, however that doesn’t embody the treacherous vertical ascents up rock faces. This path/climb is simply for many who are adept at each mountain climbing and mountain climbing. These with out helmets and harnesses needn't apply!