July… A time for independence, fun in the sun, and sweat. Lots and lots of sweat. So much sweat that you feel it in places you didn’t know you could sweat. Excited yet? Even our ocean is a balmy 87 degrees this time of year. So ladies, proudly wear that adorable sweat mustache you’ll be rockin’ because the fellas will be focused on the fact that they look like they’re about to join a wet t-shirt contest. Or- just ignore the heat all together with these cool July events in Key West!
Our celebrations are fun, wacky & unforgettable. Our people are too. Which leads us to Key Lime Festival: America’s favorite citrus celebration! If you happen to be traveling to the birthplace of Key Lime Pie this July you will see what we mean. An Epic Pie Eatin’ Contest serves as the festival’s kick off! It’s the perfect beginning to summer, and because nothing is more American than Key Lime Pie! June 30- July 4th.
More info here
Photo// Opal Unpacked
The grand-daddy of Key West firework shows. Have fun and try not to set your kids on fire. The Rotary is putting on their glorious display at the end of White Street Pier at 9pm. Bring your beach blankets and a cooler of beverages.
More info: Keywestrotary.com
The 40th festival where a bunch of Hemingway look-a-likes gather in one place. The commemoration of Hemingway’s life will include an amusing “Running with the Bulls” down Duval Street, a 3 day Marlin tournament (he sure loved to fish), and a street fair. July 18-23.
Read more What to Do When You Can't Get Pregnant
More info: Hemingway Days
Food Tours In Key West
Take Key West Food Tour’s Cocktail Crawl and learn the secrets to the infamous Papa Doble daiquiri while visiting 5 of Key West’s best hidden gem bars. Guests get to sample not only spirits and local made beer, but delicious bites along the way as well!
Runners, walkers and paddleboard enthusiasts can test their skills and celebrate Ernest Hemingway’s sporting lifestyle by joining us in the Conch Republic on July 24, 2021 during the in-person Hemingway 5k Sunset Run/Walk and Paddleboard Race! The athletic challenges are part of Hemingway Days, a six-day commemoration of the life and work of the author who lived and wrote in Key West for most of the 1930s.
This year, our 5K Sunset Run will begin at Truman Waterfront Park on the west side of the island (At the end of Southard Street). You will run around the beautiful, picturesque park (twice) before heading east on Southard and making the right on Whitehead Street and finishing at the iconic Southernmost Point!
Christmas in July. The 26-27th to be exact. But instead of presents we get “bugs” (the Florida friendly term for lobsters). SO MANY BUGS. The limit is 6 per person, per day. However, there’s tons of boats out during these two days: be careful. Spiny lobster is amazing and all, but safety first!
More info: Lobster Mini Season
LIKE IT? PIN IT!
- Posted in:
- Click here to learn more about events Events
- Click here to learn more about featured Featured
- Click here to learn more about kids Kids
- Click here to learn more about things to do Things To Do
Read more Can you have protein powder while pregnant?
- Click here to learn more about 4th of july 4th of July
- Click here to learn more about fireworks fireworks
- Click here to learn more about food tour food tour
- Click here to learn more about hemingway days Hemingway Days
- Click here to learn more about key lime festival Key Lime Festival
- Click here to learn more about key west Key West
- Click here to learn more about lobster lobster
- Click here to learn more about mel fisher days Mel Fisher Days
- Click here to learn more about rum rum
- Click here to learn more about summer summer
- Click here to learn more about underwater music festival Underwater Music Festival
- Click here to learn more about vodka vodka