Usually, no hair therapies come with out their share of pitfalls. Working example hair rebonding may give you a silky straight mane that you've got been dreaming about ceaselessly! Nevertheless, earlier than choosing a hair rebonding process, you would possibly wish to arm your self concerning the disadvantages in order that you could possibly resolve for your self whether or not it’s definitely worth the hullabaloo! For starters, in a number of instances, it has led to hair falling off in clumps baldness to dry and brittle hair.
So in the event you’re planning to choose, I’d counsel that you just learn up completely about what you’re getting your self into.
Learn the article to know concerning the negative effects of rebonding hair.
What Is Hair Rebonding?
How It Will Look
Rebonding vs. Smoothing
Publish Rebonding Upkeep /After Hair Rebonding
Precautions And Care
Continuously Requested Questions:
What Is Hair Rebonding?
Hair Rebonding is a chemical remedy that relaxes your hair and makes the curls flip straight within the course of. That is the perfect approach for getting a glossy straight mane particularly in case you have frizzy and unmanageable hair.
The consequences of rebonding final for a very long time and it significantly tames down frizzy hair. The protein molecules current between the bonds within the hair offers it attribute. Each sort of hair has a pure bond that provides it its bodily high quality – curly or wavy. This system makes use of chemical substances to alter this pure bond to make it straight.
In contrast to straightening your hair with a straightener, rebonding chemically breaks down pure bonds within the hair and re-arranges them to kind new bonds for straight hair. In brief, it's a everlasting process that breaks the pure cell construction of your hair and restructures it. A neutralizer is used to re-bond the construction of the hair, supplying you with the specified texture and form.
As soon as the hair is straightened, common touch-ups are required in three months or 6 months, relying upon the expansion of your pure hair.
The strategy of Hair Rebonding makes use of two chemical substances particularly cream relaxant and neutralizer. Earlier than using these, the hair is ready for the prolonged process by washing completely with a gentle shampoo and blow-drying within the medium setting (Conditioner is used at a later stage).
- The hair is combed and neatly divided into a number of sections relying upon its quantity.
- Following this, the cream relaxant or softener is first utilized to every part of the hair individually whereas maintaining it held straight and is allowed to set whereas it breaks the pure bond of the hair.
- Skinny plastic boards are utilized to guarantee that the cream is utilized to every strand of the hair. For regular to wavy hair, the cream is ideally left for 30 minutes whereas, for dry, frizzy and excessively curly hair, it may be left for longer. Though maintaining it on for too lengthy might injury the hair.
- After this, steam the hair for 30-40 minutes relying upon its texture and basic situation. Observe with a radical rinse and blow-dry.
- Subsequent, a Keratin lotion is utilized to easy any curls which may be left. As soon as the hair is satisfactorily straight, it's parted once more.
- This step is adopted by making use of the neutralizer which re-structures and stabilises the bonds to kind contemporary ones that give your hair a glossy and straight look.
- The neutralizer is left on the hair for one more 30 minutes after which the hair is rinsed and blow-dried one final time.
- To revive the nourishment within the hair, a serum is utilized fastidiously throughout.
- Lastly, the hair is straightened out with an iron. It's suggested to not wash the hair for at the very least three days after the rebonding process for the most effective outcomes.
How It Will LookPicture: Shutterstock
It is going to add a stunning sheen to your hair and soften it like by no means earlier than. Hair rebonding can offer you glossy, lustrous, and straight hair. There's nothing like dealing with straight hair, however hair rebonding has been proven to scale back frizz even in curly hair. Nevertheless, keep in mind that the outcomes usually are not assured and differ primarily based on the sort of hair. Some people who endure hair rebonding uncover that their hair retains a few of its pure texture and are skeptical that the process is efficient and the explanations might be many like your hair could also be skinny, dry, color-treated, bleached, or heat-damaged.
Professional Tip: It's all the time advisable to debate your expectations and let the stylist information you.
Rebonding vs. SmoothingPicture: Shutterstock
Rebonding remedy because it modifies the construction of the hair. Rebonding could also be executed on any hair sort, nonetheless, it appears to be extra fashionable with those that have curly, voluminous, or unmanageable hair. As a result of prolonged nature of this remedy, appreciable warning is required because the chemical substances used might injury your pores and skin and hair.
Whereas, Smoothing is extra about lowering frizz from the hair and making the hair silky, straight, and tamable. Straight or wavy hair textures go well with this hair remedy essentially the most. For individuals who have thick, curly, unmanageable hair, this may not be the most suitable choice. The consequences of smoothing stay for round 4 to 5 months. There are two strategies for smoothing hair: protein remedy and keratin remedy. and it leads to a extra natural-looking look as in comparison with rebonding and straightening, because it additionally causes much less hurt to hair.
Professional Tip: Moreover, rebonded hair wants extra repairs than pure hair does.
Publish Rebonding Upkeep /After Hair RebondingPicture: Shutterstock
As a result of prolonged remedy course of concerned in hair rebonding, substantial care is required. Keep away from washing your hair for a number of days after the remedy; it will enable the rebonding cream to completely infiltrate the roots, offering you with essentially the most benefits. Avoiding utilizing scorching and even lukewarm water as a lot as you'll be able to is an important step you need to take following rebonding. Make associates with the miraculous conditioner as properly since utilizing it's going to maintain your hair moisturised, hydrated, and frizz-free.
Professional tip: An additional important level to consistently keep in mind is to keep away from using styling instruments, together with blow dryers. You may select hair steaming or chilly air choices as a substitute.
Instruments/Elements ConcernedPicture: Shutterstock
These are the instruments and different necessities that may come in useful to take care of a smoother look.
- A mild shampoo
- A hairdryer
- A brush for straightening
- A Flat Iron
- A Steamer
- A Relaxant
- A Neutralizer
Professional Tip: To loosen hair connections, formaldehyde or aldehyde are extensively utilized in hair rebonding.
- After Rebounding, your hair requires utmost care and upkeep because it turns into fragile after the remedy. For the primary month, the hair can't be tied or tucked behind the ears or else it'd trigger injury.
- The warmth from all of the chemical substances used within the process might be damaging to the scalp and will even burn it. The injury might be long-lasting if the temperature of the metallic plates used is greater than required or if the chemical substances are stored for an extended time than required.
- Common touch-ups have to be executed to take care of the feel and high quality of the hair after the process.
- Poisonous chemical substances are used which can trigger hair loss and the hair will get weaker after each touch-up.
- Since it's a everlasting process, the consequences are long-lasting and there's no turning again to your pure hair as soon as it's executed.
Precautions And Care
The next precautions have to be taken to take care of your hair after Rebonding:
- Use a shampoo particular for straight hair and use a conditioner after each hair wash.
- Apply a serum after towel drying your hair to make sure that it's shiny and doesn’t get frizzy.
- Common oiling of hair is required for pure nourishment and using pure selfmade hair masques as soon as per week is advisable corresponding to olive oil with an egg, aloe vera gel or curd.
- Steaming as soon as a fortnight is recommended for healthy-looking hair or you could possibly even wrap your hair round a heat moist towel for deep conditioning.
- Eat a balanced, nutritious eating regimen composed of nuts and sprouts.
- Use selfmade hair masks to deep situation your hair.
- Don't tie your hair instantly after the process or put on any hair equipment minimal for per week.
- Make sure that you put on a bathe cap whereas bathing throughout the first week after the remedy to keep away from any water from falling in your hair.
Continuously Requested Questions:
Q. Can I oil my hair after rebonding?
A. Sure, it's advisable to grease your hair usually for nourishment even after rebonding. Nevertheless, instantly after the process, keep away from all hair merchandise for about three days. Publish that, therapeutic massage your hair with coconut oil or olive oil.
Q. When ought to I wash my hair after rebonding?
A. Don't moist your hair for three days after the process. You may then wash your hair with shampoo and conditioner. Go away the conditioner in your hair for a number of further minutes. Additionally, make sure you situation your hair each time you shampoo it.
Q. Do I would like to make use of a particular shampoo after the remedy?
A. Sure, all the time use a shampoo designed solely for straight hair.
Q. How lengthy does hair rebonding final?
A. If executed from a reputed salon, the rebonding can final for about 6-7 months. Nevertheless, as soon as your hair is straightened it's important to contact up the brand new progress each three months, six months or a 12 months, relying in your progress.
Q. What’s the distinction between hair rebonding and hair smoothening?
A. Rebonding is a particular approach that straightens hair for individuals who want to have straight hair versus wavy or curly hair. Smoothing is a process that's designed to make hair softer and smoother in order to make it extra silky and manageable. Smoothing makes use of chemical substances which can be completely different from these utilized in rebonding. The impact of rebonding can final for about 6-7 months, whereas the outcomes of smoothing final for round three months.